It’s hard to believe, but publication day is finally here! Some quick notes:
* The book should be available at your local indie bookstore, but you can also order online using one of the links on the Lovecraft Country main page. For fans outside the U.S., Book Depository is a good bet; or if you want a signed copy, drop an email to Secret Garden Bookshop.
* In addition to the hardcover and ebook editions, there’s also an unabridged audiobook, read by Kevin Kenerly.
* In last Friday’s Seattle Times, Nisi Shawl writes that Lovecraft Country is “bound to appeal to any reader who wants to delve into the strangeness of our land’s racial legacy.” Over at the Seattle Review of Books, Edward Austin Hall has some other very nice things to say about the novel. Sam Reader of the Barnes & Noble SF and Fantasy blog calls it “a compulsively readable horror-fantasy.” At Tor.com, Alex Brown asks, “Is it too early to declare Lovecraft Country my favorite book of 2016?” And Cory Doctorow’s rave review, an advance excerpt of which appears on the book’s back cover, is posted in full today on BoingBoing.net.
* I’ll be appearing tonight at Elliott Bay Book Company, starting at 7 PM. I’ll be reading from the novel, talking onstage with Seattle Review of Books cofounder Paul Constant, taking questions from the audience, and signing books.
* If you can’t make it to tonight’s launch event, you can also catch me tomorrow night at Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park, starting at 7 PM.
1 thought on “Lovecraft Country on sale today”
Got it in the mail today. I’m really excited about this (have to finish the last twenty pages of Barry Hughart’s The Story of the Stone before I crack it open, though).
Comments are closed.