* The trailer for the Ghostbusters reboot dropped this week. Die hard Melissa McCarthy fan that I am, I really want to give it the benefit of the doubt, but I think I’d have gone a different way with the Leslie Jones character.
* In Entertainment Weekly, actor Ernie Hudson shares his own bittersweet memories of appearing in the original Ghostbusters.
* From Virginia, my old college pal Jeff Schwaner sends a link to an article in the News Leader about Beyoncé’s “Formation,” the Negro Motorist Green Book, and why black travelers in the Jim Crow South had to carry their own condiments and utensils.
* Via Twitter: the first letter Kurt Vonnegut wrote to his family after surviving captivity in Germany and the firebombing of Dresden. (The text is from the book Letters of Note, by Shaun Usher.)
* And finally, one last reminder that I’ll be reading from Lovecraft Country tonight at the University Book Store, at 7 PM.